One a day for the month of May...

I have read many blogs & photography website over the past few months in an attempt to comprehend the ever-expanding world of photography. I read an article on the Digital Photography School website about developing one’s photographic eye which talked about going out everyday, looking for something interesting to capture. So, here I am, setting myself a challenge to do this exercise everyday for the month of May in the hope of learning more about photography… Looking forward to the next 31 days!

Thursday 12 May 2011

Thursday 12th May

You've gotta love London! I was in Green Park today taking some headshots for a lovely woman and the deck chairs were set out for people to use - as is usual for this nice weather. Most of these chairs are green and white stripes, but then I came across about ten beautifully decorated chairs. This one was my favourite. Such vivid greens and purples, just excellent against the cream fabric. It took a while to get the right exposure, the sun kept coming in and out, and the wind occasionally distorted the fabric. But I persevered and really think I got it just right. The wooden frame of the chair made for an interesting frame for the whole picture too - how the downward double lines as symmetrical and cut the image equally. I do love this picture.



Info: 1/500s, f/9.0, ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment