One a day for the month of May...

I have read many blogs & photography website over the past few months in an attempt to comprehend the ever-expanding world of photography. I read an article on the Digital Photography School website about developing one’s photographic eye which talked about going out everyday, looking for something interesting to capture. So, here I am, setting myself a challenge to do this exercise everyday for the month of May in the hope of learning more about photography… Looking forward to the next 31 days!

Monday 16 May 2011

Monday 16th May

I attempted motion capture photography on the tube today. It took a long time to get the aperture right, being underground. I then just played around with shutter speeds to see what happened. It's not a great picture, granted. But this is a difficult technique and you have to start somewhere, right? I only had my 50mm prime lens on me which is why I could not get much of the inside of the tube in the frame. There is not quite enough in this picture to effectively convey the motion happening outside the train. Next time I'll know to use my kit zoom lens and feature more of the stationary components. Also, shutter speed in this instance was tricky because the train was always slowing down or speeding up when I had a chance to take a shot, therefore, the speed was never consistent. Maybe if I'd waited just a few seconds more, it may have been a better picture. All things to consider for next time. I'd like to try this again during my 'May Challenge' to see how I have/can improve.


Info: 1/50s, f/2.2, ISO 400.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, almost ghostly.
    Call it "Boo Tube" ...... ;-)
    Bro.

    ReplyDelete