One a day for the month of May...

I have read many blogs & photography website over the past few months in an attempt to comprehend the ever-expanding world of photography. I read an article on the Digital Photography School website about developing one’s photographic eye which talked about going out everyday, looking for something interesting to capture. So, here I am, setting myself a challenge to do this exercise everyday for the month of May in the hope of learning more about photography… Looking forward to the next 31 days!

Monday 16 May 2011

Sunday 15th May

I feel so lucky to have been able to photograph this amazing butterfly. There are not as many butterflies flying around as there should be so to even see one is special, but this guy was just walking along the dried up grass in the allotment! I got to spend about 10 minutes photography it moving around and this, I think, is the best picture I took. The colours of the wings are so predominant against the harsh dryness of the grass, and complimented by the green of the weeds at the top of the frame. I also love how the pink of the under wings almost makes a heart shape. A bit girly, I know, but it really caught my eye. What can I say?!


Info: 1/500, f/5.6, ISO 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment