One a day for the month of May...

I have read many blogs & photography website over the past few months in an attempt to comprehend the ever-expanding world of photography. I read an article on the Digital Photography School website about developing one’s photographic eye which talked about going out everyday, looking for something interesting to capture. So, here I am, setting myself a challenge to do this exercise everyday for the month of May in the hope of learning more about photography… Looking forward to the next 31 days!

Friday 6 May 2011

Thursday 5th May

Sorry I did not post yesterday. Technology is a wonderful thing... when it works, that is! Slight fault with internet connections last night.
So, back online, here is the picture for 5th May. I can't believe I was lucky enough to get a picture of this beautiful dragonfly, or damselfly. It's proper name is a Pyrrhosoma nymphula or Large Red Damselfly. Identified by the black stripes at the end of their body. Anyway, I also like the differences in the water - very still at the top of the frame, then ripples near the bottom.
As part of this challenge, I am only allowed to take one lens out with me. I had my 50mm prime lens for this outing, but had I had my 70-300mm lens, I may have gotten a better shot. Note to self: nature needs a zoom!


Info: Nikon D60, s/s 1/500s, F11.0, ISO 800, focal length 50mm

No comments:

Post a Comment