One a day for the month of May...

I have read many blogs & photography website over the past few months in an attempt to comprehend the ever-expanding world of photography. I read an article on the Digital Photography School website about developing one’s photographic eye which talked about going out everyday, looking for something interesting to capture. So, here I am, setting myself a challenge to do this exercise everyday for the month of May in the hope of learning more about photography… Looking forward to the next 31 days!

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Tuesday 24th May

Taking landscape photographs is definitely my favourite pastime. I just love the colours in the clouds and the sky, and how the foreground is in silhouette. And how the light intensifies towards the centre of the frame. I tried to almost frame the brightest light, in the centre, by have two taller trees either side of it. However, the willow tree is far larger than the second tallest tree in the shot and therefore does not quite have the effect I had hoped for. Goes to show that it is always important to think about composition before taking the picture and during. I do still enjoy looking at this picture though, it's quite peaceful.


Info: 1/60s, f/5.6, ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment