One a day for the month of May...

I have read many blogs & photography website over the past few months in an attempt to comprehend the ever-expanding world of photography. I read an article on the Digital Photography School website about developing one’s photographic eye which talked about going out everyday, looking for something interesting to capture. So, here I am, setting myself a challenge to do this exercise everyday for the month of May in the hope of learning more about photography… Looking forward to the next 31 days!

Monday 9 May 2011

Monday 9th May

I think I must have taken about 40 pictures of this flower today! There was intermittent direct sunlight followed by dark shadows - it was under a tree and very windy today. I was in manual mode and each time I thought I got the right settings, the light would change and I would have to adjust. That's the whole point though, I guess. Very interesting exercise and I really enjoyed the challenge of these changing conditions. As an aside, the purple of this wild flower is just beautiful, don't you think?


Info: Nikon D60, 1/320s, f/3.5, ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment