One a day for the month of May...

I have read many blogs & photography website over the past few months in an attempt to comprehend the ever-expanding world of photography. I read an article on the Digital Photography School website about developing one’s photographic eye which talked about going out everyday, looking for something interesting to capture. So, here I am, setting myself a challenge to do this exercise everyday for the month of May in the hope of learning more about photography… Looking forward to the next 31 days!

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Wednesday 25th May

I think this is a great picture. Certainly one of my more creative pictures. I hope I've done a good job with the composition though. It maybe could have done with a little more sky at the top of the frame. Next time... It's great how the ripples reflect so beautifully on the flat side of the bridge, hidden in the shadows. But the ripples are made interesting because the water that is can be seen in the bottom of the frame is so still that we don't know where the ripples are coming from. I also like how a small slither of sky is reflected right under the bridge, but at a different angle from the sky at the top of the frame. I just like that there are so many different lines within the picture.


Info: 1/320s, f/8.0, ISO 400.

No comments:

Post a Comment